Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Los Voladores, Cuetzalan 2011

George Olney sent me the following two photos that were made into posters for the Wilmette Art Guild In Chicago. He did a photo shoot of Los Voladores in Cuetzalan for them in 2011.  This was another Dick Davis family foundation project to preserve Mexican cultural traditions.

This is a thank you letter to Margarita, for making me a bit more famous than I am, on her blog page!!  Internationally known may take me a few more years though???I need to keep working on my million fotos of mexico!!!

Anyway, I saw in her blog that she mentioned los Voladores, so thought I would pass these posters along. I did a bunch, but these are 2 of my favorites.

That cerimonial pole the young man perches on sways 1 meter in each direction while he performs!!!. Dick jokes I took a chance tying myself off to the steeple to get the shots, BUT nothing compared to the risks this young man takes. My favorite is 195, I think it captures their reverence for mother nature!!
 _G_

No comments:

Post a Comment